This policy outlines the terms and conditions of cancellations, returns and refunds. It applies to goods, and in-person and online services provided.
Clients may book and access some services using Outschool.com, a third-party education platform. This policy does not apply to services booked, paid for and accessed through Outcschool.com. In the case of these services, Outschool.com’s cancellation, transfers and refund policies apply.
1. Policy Communication
1.1 Clients are provided with a plain-English summary of this policy on booking their first appointment. This information will include how to make a cancellation, and a link to the full text of the policy.
1.2 Active clients will be notified (by email) at least fourteen (14) days prior to any policy changes taking effect.
Types of services
2.1 Services covered by this policy include:
- live group and individual classes and educational experiences (whether online or in-person),
- on-demand and self-paced classes and educational experiences,
- one-on-one and individual assessment, planning and learning support for children, and
- individual mentoring and coaching sessions for educators and parents relation to children’s education.
3.1 Cancellation of appointments/ bookings/ enrolments must be notified in writing. A cancellation can be made via email, the calendar booking system, or the website contact form. The cancellation is counted at the time it was sent or logged.
3.2 There are three types of cancellation for services.
- A reasonable-notice cancellation is when you provide written notice that you are cancelling your appointment/ booking/ enrolment at least seven (7) or more days in advance. For package (multiple) appointments/ bookings/ enrolments, reasonable notice is considered to be seven (7) or more days in advance of the first appointment/ booking/ enrolment of the package.
- A short-notice cancellation is when you provide written notice of cancelling your appointment/ booking/ enrolment six (6) or fewer days prior in advance. For package (multiple) appointments/ bookings/ enrolments, short-notice is considered to be six (6) or fewer days in advance of the first appointment/ booking/ enrolment of the package.
- A no-show is when you do not provide written notice of cancelling, and you do not arrive/ log-in for your appointment/ booking/ enrolment within 10 minutes of the agreed start time.
Refunds for services
3.3 A full (100%) refund (or cancelled invoice) will be provided for:
- Single and package appointments/ bookings/ enrolments cancelled with reasonable notice, OR
- Single and package appointments/ bookings/ enrolments cancelled with short notice, only if another client from the waitlist is able to fill the vacancy created by the cancellation, OR
- Short-notice cancellation of a single or package appointment/ booking/ enrolment, due to catastrophic circumstances, up to once every 12 months. Evidence may be required.
- Any cancellation made by me – for example due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
3.4 A pro-rata refund (or reduction of invoice) will be provided for:
- Reasonable-notice and short-notice cancellations of a single appointment/ booking/ enrolment from a package, only if another client from the waitlist is able to fill the vacancy created by the cancellation.
3.5 Refunds and cancelled or reduced invoices on services, cannot be provided in any other circumstances and all fees are due in full.
Refunds, returns and exchanges for goods/ products
4.1 All products sold are digital. As a result, returns, exchanges or refunds will not be provided except where required by law.
Last substantial update: 10 December 2022
Policy Alignment and References
This policy is is consistent with, and benchmarked against:
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits (2022-2023)
- The Education and Care Services National Regulation
- The National Quality Framework (Element 7.1.2)